- Company highlights dedication to patients, employees, the community, the environment, and shareholders through initiatives focused on responsibility and sustainability, diversity and inclusion, and patient commitment
Arena Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Nasdaq: ARNA) today announced the release of its second annual ESG report, outlining the Company’s long-term commitment to the betterment of society, focusing on patients, our employees, the community, the environment, and shareholders. The report builds on Arena’s inaugural report and highlights specific data and examples of the Company’s work to advance ESG priorities.
“At Arena we believe in operating responsibly by aligning our business priorities with our corporate aspiration to Care More. Act Differently,” said Amit Munshi, Director, President and CEO of Arena Pharmaceuticals. “Our focus on ESG is a journey of continuous improvement as we assess our approach, monitor our impact and build toward the future, incorporating this pattern of thinking into every decision that we make as a company. This ESG focus allows us to build a sustainable company, even in the face of huge challenges such as the COVID pandemic.”
In line with Arena’s focus, this year’s report outlines our evolving approach to managing environmental, social, and governance risks and capturing associated opportunities.
- Arena has aligned its activities with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals including Good Health and Well-Being; Decent Work and Economic Growth; Industry, Innovation, and Infrastructure; Gender Equality; Reduced Inequalities; Sustainable Cities; and Climate Action.
- We actively seek to inspire and cultivate a vibrant, thriving, and resilient culture that engenders a sense of purpose, community, connection, and gratitude. For 2021, we added a specific corporate objective related to diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) initiatives. Arena has created IDE@A (Inclusion, Diversity, and Equity at Arena), an employee group focused on meaningful diversity and inclusion practices for recruiting and employee engagement. This Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) initiative also prioritizes D&I in clinical trials, by striving to reach diverse and representative participant populations for Arena’s ongoing and future studies.
- Arena is committed to using safer, smarter, and sustainable business practices. We look for innovative methods to improve patient and study-participant health, operate responsibly for our stakeholders, and place safety and quality above all else.
- Arena is promoting environmental sustainability within our operations, where our mindset is ‘think globally, act locally.’ We recognize the environmental risks associated with our operations both locally and globally and are in the process of implementing environmental management programs to mitigate such risks in the key areas of energy, water, waste, and pharmaceuticals in the environment.
About Arena Pharmaceuticals
ARENA Pharmaceuticals is a team with a singular purpose – deliver important medicines to patients.
In a rapidly changing global market, we work with a sense of urgency every day to understand the needs of all our stakeholders, identify bold, sometimes disruptive, ideas to get medicines to patients, and relentlessly execute until it's done.
We are developing a richly diversified portfolio of therapeutic candidates targeting gastroenterology, dermatology and cardiology. Our pipeline includes four investigational medicines in eight indications and eleven ongoing or planned clinical trials. To fuel our growth, we are unlocking the value of our historical GPCR research with a sustainable discovery engine for broad portfolio expansion.
ARENA - Care More. Act Differently.
Certain statements in this press release are forward-looking statements that involve a number of risks and uncertainties. Such forward-looking statements include statements about Arena's dedication, commitment, plans, purpose, work, understanding, ideas, execution, portfolio development and expansion, growth, and sustainable discovery engine. For such statements, Arena claims the protection of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Actual events or results may differ materially from Arena's expectations. Factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from the forward-looking statements include those disclosed in Arena's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. These forward-looking statements represent Arena's judgment as of the time of this release. Arena disclaims any intent or obligation to update these forward-looking statements, other than as may be required under applicable law.