Business Transforming Community Health
This panel will explore how good health and good business form a virtuous cycle, by discussing how leading businesses and nonprofits are engaging with the local communities where they reside. The panelists share a connection to a specific partnership in Newark, New Jersey; and they will explore health issues through the lens of that particular community. More generally, the panel will discuss why health is key to business in communities throughout the United States, and how the business community can engage with communities to tackle their pressing health challenges.
- Barbara Bush, CEO and Co-founder, Global Health Corps
- Hugh Welsh, President, DSM North America
- Hank Cardello, Director, Obesity Solutions Initiative, Hudson Institute
- Jim White, Executive Director, Covenant House New Jersey
- Jessica Zhang, Family Wellness Center Coordinator, Boys & Girls Club of Newark
This session will be a part of Better Health through Economic Opportunity: Engaging Business to Strengthen Community Wellness.
April 7, 2015
12:30 - 5:30 p.m.
U.S. Chamber of Commerce
Supported by BD, DSM, GSK, and Anthem, Inc.
KEYWORDS: Events, Conferences & Webinars, Business & Trade