MicroStrategy® Incorporated (Nasdaq: MSTR), a leading worldwide provider of enterprise analytics and mobility software, today announced the general availability of MicroStrategy 10.8, the newest feature release to the company’s MicroStrategy 10™ platform. MicroStrategy 10.8 delivers critical capabilities across enterprise analytics, enterprise mobility, embedded analytics, enterprise cloud and enterprise IoT, and new features for MicroStrategy Desktop™, MicroStrategy Web™, MicroStrategy Mobile™ and Usher™.
This Smart News Release features multimedia. View the full release here: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20170705005109/en/
Enhanced color palettes for data discovery with MicroStrategy. (Graphic: Business Wire)
With this new release, R and the R Integration Pack are bundled and installed with MicroStrategy Server™, making it easier to leverage machine learning capabilities, AI integration and predictive analytics. The new release also delivers a new gallery for custom data connectors, enhanced color palettes for data visualizations, improved parity between Android™ and iOS® mobile apps, new ready-to-deploy dashboards with Usher Professional™, and more.
Simultaneously with the MicroStrategy 10.8 feature release, MicroStrategy 10.4™ Hotfix 4 is generally available to customers. This latest update to the MicroStrategy 10.4 platform release includes approximately 200 critical enhancements and fixes across the platform, aimed at improving overall product stability. More information about MicroStrategy 10.4.4 can be found in the MicroStrategy Community.
“We’ve reached an exciting milestone with the general availability of MicroStrategy 10.8. Our focus is to push analytics throughout our customers’ organizations so that stakeholders and employees can make better decisions every minute of the day,” said Tim Lang, Senior Executive Vice President and Chief Technology Officer, MicroStrategy Incorporated. “MicroStrategy 10.8 can help our customers realize the full benefits of enterprise analytics and capitalize on the countless business opportunities easily discoverable with a unified enterprise platform.”
This month, anyone can see MicroStrategy 10.8’s newest features at the MicroStrategy Symposium Series being held in 29 cities across 17 countries around the world. To see a detailed list of features available with version 10.8, register for our upcoming “What’s New in MicroStrategy 10.8” live webcast, taking place on Thursday, July 20, 2017, at 12:00 p.m. EDT.
R Analytics Now Bundled and Installed with MicroStrategy Server for Instant Access to Machine Learning, AI and Predictive Analytics
Hundreds of MicroStrategy customers rely on R analytics to build advanced analytics and predictive models. From regression models to market basket analysis, Monte Carlo simulation and Naïve Bayes Classification, R applies hundreds of different analytical models directly to the data in MicroStrategy reports and dashboards.
MicroStrategy 10.8 makes it easier than ever before to get started with R. Both R and the R Integration Pack are now bundled and installed with MicroStrategy Server, alongside 199 R Packages for Windows and Linux. With this new seamless, out-of-the-box setup, it’s simple for MicroStrategy 10.8 customers to leverage R models and visualizations in MicroStrategy reports and dashboards.
New Gallery for Custom Data Connectors
The MicroStrategy platform allows organizations to build custom connectors to nearly any data source and helps them tap into data sources that are not available out-of-the-box. The platform offers a set of APIs to build almost any data connector and an extensive SDK to support the Data Connector API.
With MicroStrategy 10.8, customers now have access to a public gallery for data connectors on the MicroStrategy Community. Customers and partners can download, update and use this content at their leisure. Innovators that build their own connectors are encouraged to upload and share their content on this gallery for others to leverage.
The MicroStrategy Community Gallery currently includes several sample data connectors such as OneDrive®, Box, Weibo®, MuleSoft® and ElasticSearch®, all easily accessible here.
Latest Release Available with MicroStrategy on Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Both MicroStrategy 10.8 and 10.4.4 are now available with MicroStrategy on AWS. The newly launched cloud-based platform allows customers to easily deploy the latest version of the MicroStrategy platform directly into their own AWS accounts.
New to MicroStrategy on AWS, a web-based provisioning console allows administrators to quickly and easily deploy and manage a fully configured MicroStrategy project using a simple and intuitive web-based deployment manager. Prospects and existing customers can test the latest features of MicroStrategy on AWS by accessing a free 30-day trial here.
New Enhanced Color Palettes
MicroStrategy 10.8 delivers numerous enhancements to its data discovery capabilities. New enhancements around better defaults and responsive design enable greater usability and accessibility. The new out-of-the-box color palettes, based on design research involving the natural world, give end users more options when deciding dashboard color themes, and improve dashboard aesthetics with little effort. The new color palettes are available in MicroStrategy Web and MicroStrategy Desktop.
The latest release also introduces various additional enhancements, including:
- The Hadoop® Gateway, offering new workflows to access data directly from HDFS with enhanced options for data preparation and filtering;
- Certification for Windows Server™ 2016;
- Enhanced filtering options on dashboards to make data discovery workflows more intuitive; and
- New certifications for data sources, including Azure® SQL Database (certified as a metadata and statistics platform for MicroStrategy Analytics™), SAP HANA® 2.x (certified as a data warehouse), Oracle® 12c R2 (certified as a data warehouse, and metadata and statistics/EM platform for MicroStrategy Analytics), Apache Cassandra™ 3.x (certified as a data warehouse) and Amazon Athena (certified as a data warehouse).
MicroStrategy Mobile Enhancements Deliver Greater Security and Faster Performance
New features for iOS include:
- With a checkbox setting in the MicroStrategy Mobile SDK, developers can enable Apple’s App Transport Security (ATS) policy before Apple makes it mandatory. The change helps ensure connections from the app adhere to the HTTPS (versus HTTP) standard.
- Following BlackBerry’s integration of Good Dynamics® into its EMM platform, the MicroStrategy Mobile iOS SDK for BlackBerry® Dynamics now reflects BlackBerry’s cosmetic changes, including color schemes, icons and much more. Through this new SDK, MicroStrategy customers can continue to natively integrate EMM offerings with the former Good Dynamics, now BlackBerry Dynamics. The cosmetic changes provide improved user experience and enhanced integration of the Good Dynamics and BlackBerry libraries.
New features for Android include:
- Custom properties for D3 visualizations are now supported in Report Services documents. This feature means app designers have the flexibility to add different properties to attribute elements and metrics. For example, app designers can use shape or text color to differentiate various components of the visualization.
- Bundle images during app compilation. This feature can result in faster app performance for mobile users through better image loading, especially under poor network conditions.
- Configure dashboards to pass prompt answers from source to target documents without requiring users to make a new prompt selection in their mobile devices. This feature makes it faster for end users to navigate through prompted documents, thereby getting to their analyses quicker.
Usher Analytics™: New Out-of-the-box Dashboard for Enterprise IoT
MicroStrategy 10.8 makes enterprise IoT easier by delivering a new out-of-the-box dashboard to visualize Usher badge-generated telemetry through a set of KPI intensive grids. As users move about and interact with a corporate environment using their Usher badges, data will flow into the dashboard sorted under categories such as Users, Historical Telemetry Log, Timesheet, Floors, Spaces, Beacons, Actions, Applications, Cities and Devices. These grids can be used as a basis for creating custom visualizations to answer business questions surrounding user access and presence.
To see MicroStrategy 10.8 in action, attend our upcoming global Symposium Series, or register for our “What’s New in MicroStrategy 10.8” webcast, taking place on Thursday, July 20, 2017, at 12:00 p.m. EDT.
About MicroStrategy Incorporated
MicroStrategy (Nasdaq: MSTR) is a worldwide leader in enterprise analytics and mobility software. A pioneer in the BI and analytics space, MicroStrategy delivers innovative software that empowers people to make better decisions and transform the way they do business. We provide our enterprise customers with world-class software and expert services so they can deploy unique intelligence applications. To learn more, visit MicroStrategy online, and follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
MicroStrategy, MicroStrategy 10, MicroStrategy 10.4, MicroStrategy 10.8, MicroStrategy Desktop, MicroStrategy Web, MicroStrategy Mobile, MicroStrategy Server, MicroStrategy Analytics, Usher, Usher Professional and Usher Analytics are either trademarks or registered trademarks of MicroStrategy Incorporated in the United States and certain other countries. Other product and company names mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.
Claudia Cahill, 703-270-2207