September 23, 2019 /3BL Media/ The 74th annual United Nations General Assembly – ‘UNGA74’ – is underway, as representatives from the 193 UN member states meet in New York.
This global gathering is a catalyst for high-level meetings, events and conferences, a number of which are very relevant to GRI’s work to promote sustainability reporting and corporate transparency, in the context of progress towards sustainable development.
GRI is once again actively involved with chief executive Tim Mohin and chief external affairs officer Peter Paul van de Wijs participating through a range of meetings, panel events, speaking commitments and seminars.
GRI’s engagement schedule this coming week in New York includes:
Monday 23 September
- ‘Youth Want Impact: Changing Businesses for Good’ Misk OSGEY Global Forum
- ‘Investor Strategies to Address the Biodiversity and Climate Crises’ seminar, hosted by BNP Paribas Asset Management
Tuesday 24 September
- UN High-Level Political Forum on the Sustainable Development Goals
- CDP ‘Climate of Opportunity: Innovation and Urgency in Climate Action’ event
- World Economic Forum (WEF) Sustainable Development Impact Summit
Wednesday 25 September
- UN SDG Business Forum: ‘The SDGs... Turning Promises into Reality’
- Columbia University’s ‘Aligning Corporations with the SDGs’ International Investment Conference
Thursday 25 September
- Tenth anniversary celebrations for the Sustainable Stock Exchanges (SSE) Initiative
Friday 26 September
- UN Development Programme (UNDP) Business Call to Action Annual Forum
Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) is the independent international organization, headquartered in Amsterdam with a presence around the world, that helps businesses, governments and other organizations understand and communicate their sustainability impacts.
Tweet me: As the #UNGA is underway in New York, @GRI_Secretariat's @TimJMohin and @PPVDW are undertaking a schedule of engagements this week focused on sustainability reporting & corporate transparency, in context of sustainable development http://bit.ly/2AH60qh
KEYWORDS: UNGA, The United Nations, SustainableDevelopment, New York, SDGs, GRI, sustainability reporting