Blockchain requires a dedicated environment that enforces huge projects to skedaddle from AWS to other Public Cloud services.
Mumbai, Maharashtra Feb 4, 2021 (Issuewire.com) - Binance, Bitfinex well-known brands in the Blockchain ecosystem. started their blockchain environment from AWS and gradually moved to a dedicated infrastructure for their blockchain platform. Recently, Paolo Ardoino, The CTO of Tier1 exchange Bitfinex has come with a thread on Twitter about the Bitfinex infrastructure. "Till Jan 2018 Bitfinex was using cloud hosting providers (AWS) as the main site for the platform. We soon figured out that it was almost impossible to scale a CEX on cloud. Here is the train of thoughts that we had in the mighty infrastructure team."
Paolo shared the list of problems that they faced due to their deployment on public cloud
1. Order/execution full roundtrip should be ~1ms or lower, should be improved over time (0.1ms target)
2. Mange 10k+ to 100k+ orders/sec
3. Recording to historical data stores all events, available to users via API and UI
4. Handling billions of events per day and recording them it's one of the main bottlenecks of (crypto) exchanges -> DBMS have to record 100k events per second sustained?
5. On cloud you're not sure how CPU gets allocated (trading engine is a CPU bound process)
disk throughput can be throttled (GP2, IO1)
6. if you use SSDs on cloud, which model do you have, are you the only writer?, how to get a proper RAID setup?, ...
7. how to minimize the number of switches between your instances?
8. unpredictable network behaviors
9. Reliable UDP multicast: AWS seems not to support UDP multicast, while GC does not.
10. Anyway what's the expected packet loss?
11. security: spectre attacks, data hosted on 3rd party, ...
- #crypto is growing. When will the next bull run? How to ensure 10x/100x scalability
These points inarguably meant that as you start scaling new heights in business, you start experiencing problems with business functions, due to network issues with Amazon Web Services (AWS) on Aug. 23, 2019. Binance had to temporarily disabled deposits and withdrawals to address the problems that affected thousands of users.
Complete Blockchain infrastructure setup is the answer for clients facing continuous difficulties on the public cloud. History repeats itself, Titanic Style Disaster, Millions of Dollars Lost Due to Cloud Outage from AWS & Microsoft Hosting explained on abnewswire last year. Businesses have started realizing the importance of specialized hosting companies that can design and deploy specialized hosting services that can help companies scale. Murphy John, Sr. Manager at IndSoft Systems (https://indsoft.net) specializes in setting up dedicated infra for BlockChain Companies stated public cloud is good to start the business but as you start to scale, It very crucial that you start exploring options to setup your dedicated infra, there has been an increase in the number of inquiries specifically from Blockchain Companies, But lately, people have started designing systems on dedicated environment skipping the public cloud completely. He stated that migrating the complete solution from a New Systems creates a lot of challenges, It would be advisable to start exploring alternative hosting right before such events strike.
Startups can use the cloud setup on public cloud to start their operation, this will help them to keep the cost to a minimum, But as a business scales up, It is advisable to look at dedicated infrastructure and rope in infrastructure specialists, Who can manage the setup well.
This article was originally published by IssueWire. Read the original article here.