SOURCE: 3BL AlertsDESCRIPTION:
Building on the company’s efforts to provide further transparency and disclosure of its ESG data, Stanley Black & Decker released its first consolidated Environmental, Social & Governance (ESG) report, “A Force for Good.” The newly released report serves as a comprehensive resource to highlight all aspects of the company’s sustainability and societal efforts, with an emphasis on ethics and inclusion, as well as clear governance practices.
“Every day, we work to inspire makers and innovators to create a more sustainable world,” said Stanley Black & Decker CEO Jim Loree. “We believe corporations have a broader role to play in society beyond financial success. We have a long history of and a deep focus on environment, health and safety, social responsibility and community engagement to build on. This year’s launch of a consolidated ESG report supports our commitment to achieve our bold sustainability vision and to provide clear, transparent progress toward our goals.”
The new report includes a comprehensive review of ESG programs and data and builds upon the company’s long history of reporting Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) metrics and goals on an annual basis.
Stanley Black & Decker joins a number of purpose-driven companies choosing to release an annual report disclosing ESG data, helping stakeholders track year-over-year performance and benchmark against other companies. By applying ESG management and reporting principles to the company’s social responsibility strategy, Stanley Black & Decker aims to provide further transparency to stakeholders.
Highlights from the company’s “A Force for Good” report include:
- Progress on Corporate Social Responsibility actions, including advancement toward 2030 goals:
- Empower Makers: Enable 10 million makers and creators to thrive
- Innovate with Purpose: Enhance the lives of 500 million people
- Create a More Sustainable World: Go beyond carbon neutral across our operations (carbon positive)
- New 2023 Environment Health & Safety (EHS) goals
- Commitments and actions to foster a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion with an emphasis on achieving gender parity and racial equity. This includes disclosures that measure progress for board of directors, leadership team and total workforce
- Reporting aligned with the SASB, GRI and UN Global Compact Index frameworks
- Response to COVID-19 supporting the health and safety of the company’s employees and communities, and highlights of innovative products that aided healthcare professionals
- The company’s stance on social justice, including ten commitments to support racial equity
View the company’s full “A Force for Good” report here.
About Stanley Black & Decker
Stanley Black & Decker is a purpose-driven, $14.5 billion revenue industrial organization. Stanley Black & Decker has 53,000 employees in more than 60 countries and operates the world's largest tools and storage business, the world's second-largest commercial electronic security services company, a leading engineered fastening business as well as Oil & Gas and Infrastructure businesses. The company's iconic brands include BLACK+DECKER, Bostitch, CRAFTSMAN, DEWALT, FACOM, IRWIN, LENOX, Porter Cable and STANLEY. Stanley Black & Decker is a company for the makers and innovators, the craftsmen and the caregivers, and those doing the hard work to make the world a better place. Learn more at www.stanleyblackanddecker.com.
Vice President, Investor Relations
Director, Investor Relations
Vice President, Public Relations
Director, Public Relations
Tweet me: .@StanleyBlkDeckr highlights progress toward its 2030 #CSR goals and demonstrates its commitment to #sustainability and #transparency the company's first consolidated #ESG report, “A Force for Good." https://bit.ly/3e4k941 via @ReportAlert
KEYWORDS: Stanley Black & Decker, ReportAlert