Businesses play a key role in supporting the development of a sustainable and prosperous society. WSP’s contribution is to plan, design, manage and engineer our communities to thrive; as one of the world’s largest professional services firms, the greatest benefit WSP can provide is through the services we offer and the projects we deliver. We also minimize the negative impact of our own operations and increase the positive, earning our reputation as a sustainability leader. WSP is committed to setting the highest standard in our industry through an ambitious data driven ESG program that delivers optimal outcomes for all stakeholders. As a signatory to the United Nations Global Compact (UNGC), we commit to implement the Ten Principles and contribute to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Key aspects from this report include:
- Continuing enhancement of WSP’s ESG ambitions and disclosure, maintaining a leadership role in the industry.
- Highlights of WSP’s new SBTi and net zero GHG emissions reduction goals
- An expanded GHG inventory that now includes a complete accounting of all relevant scope 3 emissions between 2018 and 2020
- A qualitative TCFD assessment and significantly enhanced climate risks and opportunities section along with a TCFD index
- Quantification of WSP’s Clean Revenue (contributions to the SDGs)
- SASB disclosure
- Other enhancements to better align with GRI, DJSI, UNGC and CDP reporting needs
Tweet me: “@WSPUSA is now positioned to play a pivotal role in the decades ahead in achieving a sustainable, equitable and prosperous future for our employees, clients, stakeholders and society at large.” https://bit.ly/3pS6wKJ
KEYWORDS: 2020 ESG Report, WSP, TSX:WSP