Mandiant, a part of FireEye, Inc. (NASDAQ: FEYE), today announced additional details for Cyber Defense Summit (CDS) 2021, taking place October 5-7 at the Washington Hilton in Washington, D.C. General Paul M. Nakasone has now joined the roster of previously announced keynotes, including Anne Neuberger, Deputy Assistant to the President and Deputy National Security Advisor for Cyber and Emerging Technology on the National Security Council.
General Paul M. Nakasone, United States Army, Commander, United States Cyber Command, Director, National Security Agency/Chief, Central Security Service, will participate in an opening day discussion with CEO Kevin Mandia on October 5. General Nakasone is one of the world’s premier leaders in cyber security and national defense. He has held command and staff positions across all levels of the Army with assignments in the United States, the Republic of Korea, Iraq, and Afghanistan. He has also served on two occasions as a staff officer on the Joint Chiefs of Staff.
“This is a truly unique and invaluable opportunity for our audience to hear first-hand from some of the most esteemed cyber security voices of our time,” said Mandia. “Our latest mainstage speaker, General Nakasone, is at the forefront in addressing many of the emerging threats confronting our world today.”
All mainstage activities will be livestreamed for virtual attendees and made available on-demand following the event. Register now.
The keynote mainstage will also offer talks from cyber security leaders around the world:
- Anne Neuberger, Deputy Assistant to the President and Deputy National Security Advisor for Cyber and Emerging Technology on the National Security Council, will deliver an opening day keynote address on October 5.
- CEO Kevin Mandia will sit down with the Honorable Susan Gordon to discuss threats to the United States.
- President and COO, John Watters will chair an international panel, including David Koh, Commissioner of Cybersecurity and Chief Executive of the Cyber Security Agency of Singapore, and Yigal Unna, Director General at Israel National Cyber Directorate. The panel will examine the current threat landscape, policy, and the future of cyber security from a global perspective.
- SVP and CTO of Mandiant Consulting Charles Carmakal will host a fireside chat with Joseph Blount, President and CEO of Colonial Pipeline, and Jonathan Yaron, Chairman and CEO of Accellion. The discussion will focus on the panelists’ perspectives on their recent security incidents, and learnings from which other organizations and leaders can benefit.
- EVP and Head of Mandiant Global Intelligence Sandra Joyce will speak with Christopher Krebs to examine strategies that illuminate the critical role threat intelligence plays in empowering agencies and organizations.
- Laurent Rossi, CEO of Alpine, will talk with John Watters about the protection of data across Alpine’s Formula One racing operations, as well as the Alpine/Mandiant partnership.
- The conference’s closing keynote will be delivered by Dr. Robert Ballard, Founder and President of the Ocean Exploration Trust.
In addition to keynotes and general sessions on October 5-7, the Summit will feature more than 60 sessions, both live and on-demand, across four breakout tracks:
- Technical track: Real-world intrusion scenarios at a technical level. Targeted for security practitioners and what they need to know to mitigate, detect, and respond to cyber attacks.
- Executive track: Business-level view into critical cyber security topics. Targeted for executives, managers, board of directors, and lawyers and what they need to know about cyber security.
- Mandiant Solutions track: Mandiant in real-world security environments. How Mandiant solutions are used on the front lines of cyber security.
- FireEye Solutions track: FireEye in real-world security environments. How FireEye solutions are used on the front lines of cyber security.
More details on track sessions and topics are available at summit.mandiant.com.
Cyber Security Training
Just prior to the main CDS event, on October 3-4 six security training courses will be held on cyber threat hunting, endpoint investigations, network traffic analysis, Windows Enterprise incident response, malware analysis and open source intelligence. Details on these optional courses can be found here: https://mndt.info/3zqzUMl.
Cyber Defense Summit brings together the brightest minds across the public and private sectors to advance the cyber security mission. For the latest information and to register for Mandiant Cyber Defense Summit 2021, for either in-person or virtual, visit summit.mandiant.com.
Mandiant, a part of FireEye, brings together the world’s leading threat intelligence and frontline expertise with continuous security validation to arm organizations with the tools needed to increase security effectiveness and reduce organizational risk.
About FireEye, Inc.
FireEye is the intelligence-led security company. Working as a seamless, scalable extension of customer security operations, FireEye offers a single platform that blends innovative security technologies, nation-state grade threat intelligence, and world-renowned Mandiant® consulting. With this approach, FireEye eliminates the complexity and burden of cyber security for organizations struggling to prepare for, prevent, and respond to cyber attacks. FireEye has over 10,100 customers across 103 countries, including more than 50 percent of the Forbes Global 2000.
© 2021 FireEye, Inc. All rights reserved. FireEye and Mandiant are registered trademarks or trademarks of FireEye, Inc. in the United States and other countries. All other brands, products, or service names are or may be trademarks or service marks of their respective owners.